-Primary: Neuroradiology, brain tumors, stroke/ serebral ischemia imaging, diffusion and perfusion magnetic resonance imaging
-Secondary: Gastrointestinal radioloy, diagnostic abdominal radiology, -Other: Quality improvement in radiology and radiology education, communication skills in medical education, management in radiological departments
Improving the creativity and productivity in academic departments, supportive leadership, philosophy, and writing as columnist
Academic Courses (selected):
-İnternational congress on interventional ultrasound, 1996, Copenhagen, Denmark
-Basic course in ultrasonography of Obstetric and gynocology, 1996, Copenhagen, Denmark
-2. scandinavian training course on surgical ultrasound, 1997, Copenhagen, Denmark -Clinical Functional MRI course, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 2000, USA.
-Neuroradiology Harvard Postgraduate Course, Boston, 2000, ABD .
-Course on training of trainers, 2003, Aydın.
-Course on measurement and evaluation, 2006, Aydın.
-Course on experimental animal research design, 2006, Aydın.
-Course on preparing a research project, 2008, Aydın.
-Completion of 4 cycle of European courses in neuroradiology, European Board Certification in Neuroradiology, 2009.
Turkish (Native), English (Fluent), Arabic (Basic, needs to be improved)
-Turkish Society Radiology
-European Society of Radiology
-European Society of Neuroradiology
Awards and Fundings:
1. NATO B2 Fellowship Program Scholarship for visiting Herlev Hospital, Denmark, 1996.
2. Funding by Adnan Menderes University Research Projects Support Programme, project title:
Intraoperative Ultrasonography, 2004.
3. Funding by Adnan Menderes University Reseach Projects Support Programme, project title: Value of CT
angiography and brain perfusion CT imaging in diagnosis and treatment of acute stroke patients, 2007
4. Editor Recognition Award 2007, European Journal of Radiology
5. Certification of European Board of Neuroradioloy, 2009 after completion of 4 neuroradiology courses,
4 written and 1 oral exam.
6. Funding by Adnan Menderes University Reseach Projects Support Programme, project title:
Comparison of ASL and susceptibility weighted contrast enhanced
MRI in patients with brain tumors, 2012.
Supervising experience ( radiology theses)
1- Comparison of MRI and ultrasonography finding in idiopathic carpal tunnel lesions Resident, M.D.
Merter Keçeli, 2003.
2- Virtual kolonoscopy in diagnosis of colonic neoplasia, Resident, M.D. Gülten Coşkun, 2005
3- Doppler ultrasonography finding of carotid and ophthalmic artery in pseudoexphpliatif glaucoma.
Resident, M.D. Burçin Uz, 2008
4- Comparison contrast enhanced CT colonography with abdominal CT in patients with suspected colonic
carcinomas. Resident, M.D. Suleyman Başpınar, 2011
5- Findings of ASL and susceptibility weighted contrast enhanced MRI in patients with brain tumors,
Resident, M.D.Sevcan Ata, 2012
Training programme for medical student and radiology resident (approximately 10-20 hours theorethical and 80-85 hours practical per month along educational year since 2001).
Reviewing for international journals
Neuroradiology, European Journal of Radiology, AJNR, Gazi Medical Journal, Diagn Interv Radiol., Oncology, Journal of Pediatric Neurology, Journal of Neuroimaging
International Evaluation experience
Expert for European comisssion, FP7, Cofunding programme Brussels, Belgium
1.- I nvited lectures: International invited lectures
- Balkan Congress of Radiology, Ohrid, Macedonia,
Contemporary approach to the stroke, October 2005, Speaker
- European comisssion, FP7, Cofunding programme Brussels, Belgium, April 2008, expert
- European Congress of Radiology, Vienna, Austria March 2009, Session Chairman
- XIX Symposium Neuroradiologicum The World Congress of Neuroradiology Bologna, Italy,
October 2010, Optical and anisotropic Imaging, invited speaker and session chairman
- 28.th Iranian Congress of Radiology, Tahran, ‘MR perfusion imaging in brain tumors’ and ‘Imaging of
spinal tumors’, May 2012, Invited speaker
- Balkan Congress of Radiology, Sardanski, Bulgaria, Postoperative imaging of brain tumors,
November, 2012, invited speaker
- ESOR course, Don Rostov, Nontraumatic brain imaging, October, 2013, invited speaker
- European Congress of Radiology, Vienna, Austria March, MR perfusion imaging in brain tumors’
2013, invited speaker
- European Congress of Radiology, Vienna, Austria March, Grading and prognosis in brain tumors’
- Philips Healthcare MR User Meeting, Lectures on Tips and Tricks in Perfusion Imaging, 2014
- European Congress of Radiology, Vienna, Austria March, Radiation and Chemotherapy induced
changes after treatment of brain tumours, March, 2015, invited speaker
- ESOR course, European School of Radiology, S. Petersburg, Russia, Imaginin of CNS malignancies, J
June, 2015, invited speaker
- ESNR, European Congress of Radiology, Naples, Imaging of treated brain brain tumors’ September,
2015 -Philips Healthcare MR User Meeting, Lectures on Imaging of Central Nerve System Tumors,
- Bulgarian Congres of Radiology, ‘Imaging of Brain Tumors after treatment’, Eylül, 2017
- ESMRMB 2017 Meeting, Barcelona, Member of Scientific Comitee, Ekim, 2017